Tuesday, May 8, 2012

What is a home garden worth?

Even though this is from a couple years ago, it is still valid:

http://kgi.org/blogs/roger-doiron/home-garden-worth

My youngest daughter, her husband and my granddaughter moved into family housing at Oregon State about 6 weeks ago - I know they miss the easy access to herbs from our garden.  So I potted up some chives and chocolate peppermint - a pot of rosemary to follow soon.  There is a spot of sun right outside their door where this will do quite well.

Chives and chocolate peppermint 
There is tremendous value even in a small planting of herbs like this.  I don't know if you have priced fresh chives in the store lately, but they add up!  So even if you live in an apartment, a dorm room, a small space, you can find the room to grow a few herbs, some salad fixings, maybe a tomato plant?

More pics of the garden soon - took me a few hours to edit all of them for the blog.

Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment